Monday, September 26, 2005

Humphrey's Peak

Last Saturday morning after having awakened before the dawn and driven from my father's ranch to Flagstaff Arizona, I found myself running along the crest of what is rumoured to be Arizona's tallest mountain.

Bam! The running shoes I was wearing (not your ideal hiking shoes, as they have little side support or ankle support) landed on a rounded rock, and down I went. My hands caught me and I surveyed the damage... my ankle was hurt and I was sure it was badly twisted.

I pushed myself up... it was OK enough to go on... and on I went, determined to catch up to my father, who was now nearing the final climb called Humphrey's peak.

As I neared him the winds grew stronger. 60 miles and hour? 80 miles an hour? I couldn't stand up straight without being blown from the mountain. The wind was that powerful... and at over 12,000 feet the view was what you expect to see from an airplane...

I did my best to hold my position... to keep from being blown off the mountain. I fought the wind and made my way to the top.

Yesterday, on the Vision Revolution Radio show we talked about taking a stand instead of taking a position.

Climbing the mountain, fighting the wind and gravity, I was doing my best to hold myself upright. I was trying to defend or maintain my position. But... what would it be like to be the mountain... simply standing. Firmly planted on the ground, while reaching far into the heavens... an inspiration to all who look in my direction?

What if we as human beings knew how to take a stand in life? What if we could be an inspiring stand in this world of changing winds? What if we could unyieldingly stand tall and strong in this world where others try to pull us down.

These are the skills practiced and learned at the Wealth Warrior Boot Camp, high level training for visionaries.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just visit 3 Marketeers Productions LLC and fill out the short form, you'll be able to unsubscribe anytime

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Michael Ivan Skye I have been browsing around looking for the latest info on ebook publishing software and found your site, although the I doesn't exactly match for ebook publishing software I have enjoyed my visit and will be sure to come back.
Come and visit me if you get the time you may find it interesting and grab some totally unique free software for visiting.
Keep up the good work

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home